Thank you for showing interest in officially joining Douglasville First UMC.
While membership is not a requirement to participate, we feel it is important. The Church is the living body of Christ and membership in the body is an integral part of discipleship. Members make a profession of faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior and commit to support this specific church with their prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness.
The process for joining the church:
- Fill out and submit the “Membership Information” form (Membership Information Form) Each person joining needs to fill one out.
- Complete and submit results of the “Spiritual Gifts Assessment” found at www.umc.org/what-we-believe/spiritual-gifts-online-assessment.
- Attend “Discover DFUMC” class.
- Take the membership vows in worship.
- Attend a “Newcomer Dinner” at Pastor Brett’s home.